Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Morning Blog

My sister was kind enough this morning to send over some nice thoughts about the blog. She even reads it! Apparently my little project is now competitive with blogs about cake decorating!

Anyways, she was kind enough to point out a litany of grammar mistakes to which I accept full responsibility except....Gimme a break! I write this thing first thing in the morning when I'm still waiting for the coffee to brew! Either that or late at night when my attitude frequently is along the lines of.....

"Imma drank eight beerz...AND IMMA MAD ATTA PRESIDENT!!! AGAIN!!! Whoot...Canadian serial killer?!?!?! What, what?"

So if I get a bit egregious with an elipsis....I apologize. I shall strive to do better in the future. Alot

Thanks for reading Sarah. Love you! And you people should read her books.

Anyways, let's get into it.

I think Israel continues to miss the point on its loyalty oath bill. Applying it to everyone makes it marginally better but it still requires people to swear fealty not only to the state to which they've moved, but also to a religious perspective that they may not share.

Are the French really, seriously bringing their economy to a screeching halt because they'll have to put off retirement for two whole years? They sure do work hard to not work.

Oh my. The mid-terms are winding to a close and I am not going to miss them. There's been WAY too much bad craziness on the political front. Well... maybe I'll miss them a little. Anybody else know that New York has a "Rent is too Damn High Party"? I see them forming a coalition with "Get Those Kids Off My Lawn". Don't know anything about their platform other than:

Jimmy McMillan, the candidate of the Rent Is Too Damn High Party, responded to a question about same-sex marriage by declaring “If you want to marry a shoe, I’ll marry you.”

New Age witch doctors are shocked, SHOCKED! To discover that boiling three people to death has an adverse effect on their ability to peddle spiritualist quackery.

I have to admit to some mixed feelings on gun rights. On the one hand, I believe that people have an absolute right to feel secure. And that they have the absolute right to determine what makes them feel secure. If carrying a gun does that than more power to them. On the other hand, my neighborhood has been shot to shit this year. Maybe everyone could tone things down a bit? Carry slingshots?

Evidently, we're not mature enough for bows and arrows.

Oh my. Just a few more weeks of this silliness folks, I promise.

Patriotic pests.

Speaking of things that bite, scientists have found some sort of brand new, aquatic hell weasel.

And finally....

International pig problems. The wild boar population is apparently exploding. The problem appears particularly keen in China where farmers have had their guns confiscated temporarily for the Universal Expo. As a result, they're forced to do battle armed with frying pans. I know wild boars are no joke in the American South.

No comments:

Post a Comment