Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Morning Blog

On a personal note, I'd like to admit to falling asleep in the middle of an IM chat with the girlfriend last night. I'd will publicly concede here, that I am a turd.

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Going to be interesting watching football today. Here's more on the leagues crackdown on "violent hits". I'd expect that we're going to see much higher scoring games as defenders hesitate to tackle receivers. Again, I certainly don't like seeing people get hurt but...

“I’ve played this game since I was in the second grade,” Philadelphia Eagles tight end Brent Celek said. “I knew what I was getting into.”

The view from Chinese rock festivals. I think the video on the article is especially worth watching. That kid is completely unimpressed with this fake keytar. I think they're missing the point though;

“The government used to see rock fans as something akin to a devastating flood or an invasion of savage beasts,” said Mr. Zhang, a handful of whose events have been canceled by skittish bureaucrats since he pioneered the Chinese music festival in 2000. “Now we’re all part of the nation’s quest for a harmonious society.”

If you're not an invasion of savage beasts, than you're not rocking.

Speaking of rock... Keith Richards still has a memory? How is that even possible?

Politics is now officially, entertainment.

Way to stay undercover.

A soccer match in Kenya was temporarily halted after a mere seven people were trampled to death in a a stampede. Again, I ask: What is the deal with soccer fans? I'm mystified by this sort of behavior.

Tony Blair's sister-in-law is now a Muslim. Which is something I don't care about. At all. However, what's strange to me is that she converted after a visit to Iran. I can't comprehend going to Iran and deciding "My what a happy, religious based society!" Now had she gone to Bali for example...

Here are dogs.

Failure is pretty awesome actually. Were it not for failure, no one would ever ask "Do you want fries with that?"

That's it for the Morning Blog or MoBlo as I've just now decided it's known to the gliterati. Got to get back into my laundry list of "Things I Said I Would Write About".

No comments:

Post a Comment