Friday, October 29, 2010

Morning in Seattle

My buddy Geoff was kind enough to loan me the use of his MacBook (in infernal, undecipherable device with an OS designed purely to make the baby Jesus cry), and since I've got a sliver of time before I wander out into Seattle to get completely lost without a functioning cell phone, I wanted to throw up a few quick thoughts about this trip:

Finally arriving in the city was pretty amazing after a profoundly long and uncomfortable flight. There was really serious cloud cover so I wasn't really able to see anything out the window until suddenly, we descended through it and poof! There was the city, laid out like a blinking jewel box of lights.

My friend works for Amazon. If you were wondering, the Amazon building looks like a towering edifice to evil. It's the dark tower (pictures, later).

I feel comfortable in this city from a topographical perspective. It's nice a hilly. Flatplaces make me irate.

I get sort of a weird vibe off of Seattle when I try to describe it. It sort of feels like a strange amalgamation of Boston and Washington DC. You've got these weird, little streets like in DC and then a big, ol' waterfront.

And that's all I'm going to write on the subject. Inasmuch as I got in late last night, I probably ought to get ready and go out to see all this jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment