Thursday, October 28, 2010

The One in the Morning Blog

Sorry Readers but there was just too, too much going on earlier for me to put together any sort of decent post.

I'm going to be traveling for the next few days so blogging is going to be light to nil (just when I was cracking the European market too!).

So quickly...

North Korea continues to act like a tool. They're now blackmailing the South over family reconciliation. Weird thing though...

North Korea also reportedly demanded this week that the South permit a resumption of tours to the Diamond Mountain resort. Those tours, which earn Pyongyang millions of dollars in hard currency each year, were suspended two years ago when a South Korean woman was shot and killed by a North Korean guard.

North Korea has a vacation resort? And people visit it why?

It's time, high time to end the security theater in American airports. Want to know my favorite thing about my last trip to England? A sign in the airport instructing me to please not take my shoes off unless someone asked me to.

This strikes me as particularly shady. Expect more on it when I get home.

We sell Four Locos at my store. Frankly, I wish we didn't. Which is a bit strange because I really think that people should be able to sell whatever the hell they want. But the clientele for this is usually so suspiciously young...And always so very irritating.

As long as we're locking up a larger percentage of our population than any other country, we might as well compel them to process toxic waste. What could be wrong with that?

This is an extraordinarily weird crime case coming out of Pittsburgh. I haven't really been following it that much but might have to.

I think this might be my favorite comment on the current political season. It makes me very sad but it's ultimately true:

"Our challenge this cycle has been to overcome a corrosive political environment," said Eric Schultz, a spokesman for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. "The Republican challenge has been to overcome bad candidates running bad campaigns. In state after state, Republicans nominated a less viable general election candidate and that's more on display than ever in these final days of the campaign."

And that's really just a crying shame.

Update on that guy that stomped on a womans head. He'd like an apology.

That's probably going to be it until I get back from Seattle. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment