Sunday, November 7, 2010

On Blogging

I'm for it. It's fun. Gives me something to do on my days off. Anyways, it's not like I wouldn't be burying myself in news articles, funny videos and pictures of demon dogs anyways. I might as well write something about it.

But oh my, can it ever be humiliating.

The Liberal Curmudgeon puts it nicely:

The Internet is a humbling place. On the one hand, one can reach gazillions of readers at the speed of light. On the other hand, one doesn't, since all of those readers are occupied looking at dirty pictures, posting comments in all capital letters for greater emphasis, or viewing the YouTube video consisting, in its entirety, of an overweight guy in a white T-shirt sitting on his tractor and digging a post hole with a tractor-mounted post-hole digger (40,000 views to date).

For the record, I have substantially fewer page views. However, I do not own a post-hole digger.

You have days where you're SUPER SUPER POPULAR AND THE KING OF THE INTERNET!

And then you have days trying to figure out how you ended up boring everybody.

There are days when you blow up like YOWZA!

Photobucket

And then there are days when....Well, when there's just not a lot going on.

Photobucket

Unfortunately, I'm having one of those days. Which is a shame because I put out a link to instructions on how to make your very own puke ray gun. You'd think that's the sort of thing that would catch peoples eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment