Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sue Bait, "Torch Song" Edition


Oh, what the hell? Marvel has announced the death of yet another character. Not to mention, the dissolution of an iconic team. This is getting ridiculous. I mean, I'm all for verisimilitude but really, when will the dying stop? Who's next? Super Man? Captain America? I mean....oh, wait. They've already died.

Sorry.

Oh well, at least it's not a character I like. I always thought that Johnny Storm was a bit of a tool ("hot headed", wocka wocka!).

Knowing comic books, the Human Torch will doubtlessly be resurrected in the coming months due to cosmic radiation or the intervention of the Asgardian gods or some-such. Likely, he'll have a shiny, new power to boot. Personally, I'd like it if he had all his flame powers but could also communicate with fish.

Interesting question: Why is that comic companies have started announcing these huge events? Isn't this the sort of thing that would be a bit more effective as a surprise? Is it just the profit motive of getting one last, big sales boost out of a flagging title?

No comments:

Post a Comment