Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fun With the Apocalypse

Some personal notes...

As a kid (whom I kidding? As an adult.), I was really affected by the Mad Max movies. Specifically, "The Road Warrior".

Who wouldn't be? It's the end of the world and all that's left to stick up for humanity are a couple of sartorially challenged biker gangs and a man who would become the worlds most hated celebrity.

Additionally, I keep a copy of Max Brooks' "World War Z" in my bathroom. I recommend it wholeheartedly. It might sound like a backhanded comment, but it's an ideal book to thumb through when you're on the toilet. The chapters are concise, well written and stocked to the gills with fun facts about the zombie apocalypse.

More books should be written with that in mind.

Naturally, I was pleased to stumble across this video. Though it has shockingly little to do with zombies, it does take a classic Australian point of view on nuclear Armageddon. Once can only assume that this film played a vital role in health class for Mad Max.

Ducked and Covered: A Survival Guide to the Post Apocalypse from Nathaniel Lindsay on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment