Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hell....Mormons. Right On.

I'm generally anti-religion though studiously not a part of what's been called the "New Atheism". I'm really not interested in bothering people that don't bother me.

That said, I've frequently been highly critical, if not specifically derogatory of the Church of Latter Day Saints.

I have to be honest, I never expected to publish anything supportive of them.

However, this gives me hope. I'll gladly give kudos where they're due. Though just treating fellow citizens like...well, fellow citizens seems like a profoundly low bar, I'll still respect it. Cautiously, but still.

I really don't mean this to sound flippant at all. I mean it as something that I would would use as a phrase of respect towards anyone of any position having the courage to truly examine their views:

Way to be a grown up!

Seriously. Good on them.

Need to find a video of a puppy playing with a baby sea lion or something. It's been a day of pretty heavy posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment