Saturday, October 2, 2010

The New York Times Goes Douchebag

That's actually a bit harsh.

So I'm sorry.

But WTF NYTimes? I'm trying to click on...well...anything and suddenly I have to give a password.

And know what? I don't remember my password. 'Cause it was awhile ago. And I was probably in the midst of a beer fueled news jonesing anyhow.

But now when I try to recover my password or make another, I get a system error? Really NYTimes? Really?

I hope I'm completely wrong with this, but it really looks like a pay-wall.

Now, this is where it gets a bit tricky.

I'm a libertarian and believe that you should be able to charge whatever people are willing to pay for your services.

That said, this seems like such an old school approach to a new school problem and it is falling behind. It is a clumsy approach and ultimately, a useless one.

No comments:

Post a Comment