Saturday, October 2, 2010

On the Lighter Side, Beer Distributor Dept.

For those of you that don't know me, I work at a beer distributor. An extremely busy beer distributor in an extremely poor neighborhood. Who knew the ghetto could be so thirsty? Me, that's who.

Anyways, I probably forfeited my eternal soul because of this but...

We have a really large deaf clientele. The Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf is located nearby (I understand they have a rockin' wrestling team), and they come to us for all their "Hey, let's get drunk and wave our fingers at each other" needs.

Yeah, definitely forfeited my eternal soul on that one...

Anyways, a deaf man came into the store today to buy a carton of cigarettes. When he saw the price of them, he made a profoundly dramatic sad face and said:

"MEEP!"

"Well that's what they cost."

"MEEP! MEEP MEEP MEEP! MEEP, MEEP MEEP MEEP; MEEP!" Arms wave about dramatically....

"I don't know wha....."

"MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP!"

And I couldn't help myself.

I started to giggle.

This poor, handicapped gentleman had suddenly transformed into Beaker from the Muppets. And he was pissed about the price of menthol cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment