Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Your Government at Work, Tragedy Edition

I'm going to have to formulate a decent reply to Andrew Sullivan's position re: the President get's to shoot somebody later.

This ....oh my this. This is simply unspeakable.

I cannot begin to describe what I feel about the very concept of an 18 pound four year old in this country. How is this even possible?

This child actually weighed less when she died than when she left the hospital.

Takeaway:

Marcia Rowe-Riddick, executive director of Child Development Support, has defended its handling of the case and said she was dumbfounded by the report.

“The most I can say is it’s disingenuous and incomplete,” she said. "It’s unbelievable that they continue to throw us under the bus in this case when they had responsibility for it the last two months. The fact remains: when we were in the home there was nothing going on and the child was still alive.

Know what I take away from this? "It" and "the child". Total lack of connection with an 18 pound little girl being abused to death under their watch. Shame on them. Shame on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment