Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Morning Blog

Sorry that I really didn't post at all yesterday. I was having an extremely stressful day dealing first with Verizon and then the landlord.

Seems as though everyone's trying to get money out of me that I don't feel inclined to give them.

But anyways...

Here is a super fun article over at Financial Times concerning the president of the World Banks proposal for a new international monetary fund that includes a role for gold. Why fun? Because just like their print edition, The Financial Times website is pink!

Cholera in Haiti, polio in the Congo and the French continue to go berserk over raising the retirement age to 62. I can't really make fun though, that's the rich world for you. When the rest of the planet is paralyzed by disease and war, we're up in arms about the happiness of puppies.

Here's an interesting job for an ad company: Put together a campaign that will NOT sell a product. I'm a little disappointed that they had the self-discipline to not sneak a model into the ad somewhere.

Well, given that an orthodox Jew has become a reggae star, I suppose it's only fair that a protege of P. Diddy is now an orthodox Jew.

Zombie porker: Even in death, Congressman John Murtha manages to swipe tax money for self-aggrandizement.

It's high time the government step in and bail out hard working Americans working in the struggling peyote industry.

This woman is also accused of a Dream House invasion.

Can someone help me out with this? Are the Falklands really still an issue for Britain and Argentina? Still? Really? In this economy? I have a hard time thinking that Argentina is just lying in wait, ready to pounce on a couple of islands the second they get the chance. Well, unless they run out of sheep that is.

And finally...

Oh my... Next to a death ray, I am willing to accept that the most important thing science can get to work on are jet packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment